I was looking for some open source projects which incorporated integration into a web service. Searching for things on google is just getting weaker, so I started with phase two: search the repositories. Here is what I search... Do you search something else?
The master of all projects Sourceforge is always my first location. Usually find something there and typically gets me going.
After this it's more of a list and less of an order...
- java.net - i find the slight to be slow way too often
- rubyforge - as i play with ruby more often i peak here (typically using gem)
- Apache.org - Can you guys add a 'project' search. The generic google search is OK, but how about a search which returns a project and it's major links.
- codehaus.org - found some good stuff there
- code.google.com - Can you just return a list of projects instead of the junk?
I am sure there are some more repos i have used to search, but those are the main ones.
I also use Koders.com and recently started playing with Krugle as well (Thank you for returning a project list, I like this one).
How do you find a project?