Does anyone know the amount of systems management vendors in business, how many are up and coming, how many have vanished and how many have gone open source ?
Symantec acquires Altiris
And who makes up the top 5 these days? IBM, HP, CA, BMC and now Symantec?
Every time I check out a VC site I find at least one 'management vendor' and let's check out this list from Accel Partners
* Broad Jump (Acquired by Motive, listed below)
* Hyperic (Recently went open source)
* Mendocino Software
* Remedy ( Acquired by BMC )
* Wily ( Acquired by CA? )
And to pick another random VC, Mayfield Fund
* IT Groundwork - Open source systems management (nagios ;)
* ... getting tired of this ;)
Get it. There are a lot of them, and managing systems is important. There are a lot of ways to do it, and many projects and products are willing to help you ;)